We can all agree that 2020 had its challenges in more ways than one. Now that the election craziness is over, it’s time to think about tackling your next political gig. Thankfully, one closed door can lead to an abundance of new opportunities. Majority Hunter is here to offer some helpful pointers on how to rock the job search and start 2021 off on a positive note.
- Give your resume a refresher. If you haven’t updated your resume in a while, now would be a good time to make any necessary improvements that will help you stand out. Check out our blog post about how to spice up your resume to ensure that managers won’t overlook your experience due to common resume mistakes.
- Utilize our resources. Searching for a new job can be overwhelming, but you don’t have to do it alone. Head over to the Majority Hunter job board to take a look at our current job listings and connect with an experienced political recruiter who will lead you in the right direction.
- Use LinkedIn to your advantage. A clean, detailed, and professional LinkedIn profile will assist you in making a good impression and help you network with experienced politicos in your field. Your LinkedIn can make or break you, so brush up on some of our LinkedIn do’s and don’ts before you start your new job hunt.
- Go the extra mile. Don’t overlook the power of a follow-up email after applying for a job, or even after an initial interview. It shows initiative and that you’re actively engaged in the job search. Sometimes, a simple email introducing yourself after applying online or thanking a manager for taking the time to interview you is what will set you apart from the other applicants.
- Make job hunting your new full-time job. We all know that job hunting can be daunting and time-consuming, but it’s important that you put your all into finding your new dream career. Passively putting in a couple online applications and playing the waiting game will rarely lead to an offer letter. You need to spend a considerable amount of time every day putting in job applications, setting up phone calls, sending follow-up emails, and connecting with the right people. Now is not the time to be half-hearted and hopeful. If you want a new job, you have to WORK for it. Luckily, you’ve come to the right place! Contact us today to find the right political job today.
Want to learn more? Head to MajorityStrategies.com/blog for additional tips and tricks!